Vancouver Mini Maker Faire will be decorating, building and creating custom bikes, of all shapes and sizes (the crazier the better). We are also looking for people that already have crazy bicycles, to perhaps pimp them out to promote the Maker spirit leading up to the faire. Click here to sign up!
VMMF Art Bike Project’s intentions are to :
- Promote Maker Faire and other organizations that choose to be involved in the project
- Promote DIY and the maker movement in general
- Encourage cross-pollination between bike and art/maker groups
- Add creative and thought-provoking artwork into the public realm
- And promote cycling, of course!
What Else We’re Looking For:
- Groups/individuals who would like to donate bicycle parts (working or not)
- Groups/individuals who would like to build their own bike
- Enthusiastic people that want to to help build bikes – experience a plus, but not necessary
- Help/Ideas/Inspiration for decorating bikes: detailed painting, yarn-bombing/knitting, attaching fun and unusual items
- Volunteers to shuffle bikes to new locations every couple of days
- People that just want to decorate their own bikes!
What we need:
- Bicycle parts/scooter/skateboard parts/wheeled things
- Printer/Banner materials
- Silkscreen experts (we have supplies, but need some hands!)
- Locations to build/store bikes
- Helmets (Used as props only, so no need to meet safety requirements)
We will be showcasing some of the bikes that are made, for the main event held at the Pacific National Exhibition on June 23rd/24th, 2012.
We already have a few bikes ready for our “Meet your Makers” kick-off party at the Museum of Vancouver on March 15, 2012. It would also be wonderful, if anyone wants to trick-out their own bike (or have us do it up for you) and bring it to the kick-off event!