Do you love making things and the people who make? Do you want to help support creatives and participate in one of Vancouver’s largest maker events?
The Vancouver Mini Maker Faire is looking for an enthusiastic & highly organized person to join our team as Volunteer Coordinator. Do you have experience coordinating large groups of volunteers, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and mad time-management skills? Can you think quickly on your feet and keep a smile on your face as you head into your 3rd day of working 10-12 hours? Then tell us all about yourself and we’ll see if you’re a good fit.
Application Deadline: 6pm Thursday March 19
Are you passionate about the maker movement and love to photograph or make short films? We are looking for volunteers for our Documentation Team to help make the 5th annual Vancouver Mini Maker Faire a success. Our goal for the documentation team is to highlight Vancouver’s growing maker community through photo essays and short films about individual makers, community organizations and companies that encourage the do-it-yourself spirit. Another function of the Documentation Team is to record this year’s event by creating visual content for use in our social media, newsletters and other promotional content for future faires, with full credit to you, of course!
Are you passionate about the maker movement and love to write? We are looking for volunteer bloggers to help make the 5th annual Vancouver Mini Maker Faire a success. Our goal for the blog is to highlight Vancouver’s growing maker community through interviews with and profiles of individual makers, community organizations and companies that encourage the do-it-yourself spirit in our city.
What we require:
- A curious nature and a desire to find out more about Vancouver’s maker community.
- A commitment to write two or more 500-word blog posts per month in the lead-up to the faire
- A comfort in conducting interviews, connecting with the public and researching topics.
- An interest in social media and an initiative to help promote your work through a variety of channels.
- An ability to write short, compelling posts that are fun to read.
- A great photographic eye is a bonus!
What you will receive:
- Full credit for your work in all social media posts and promotions.
- Writing samples to add to your portfolio.
- A free weekend pass to Vancouver Mini Maker Faire.
- Attendance at our annual volunteer appreciation party.
- A fabulous Vancouver Mini Maker Faire T-shirt.
- A reference letter upon completion and by request.
To apply, please fill out our Volunteer Registration form. Any questions? Please contact Lindsay, our media coordinator, at email@example.com. Please mark Blog Team in the subject line.
Spring is here! As the weather gets nicer, we know the more you want to be outside basking under the sun and enjoying good conversations with people. So why not be a street team volunteer for the Vancouver Mini Maker Faire this year and support your local community of awesome makers while doing so? All it takes is some comfy shoes, lovely smile (which you already got) and a little bit of your time.
If you’re unfamiliar with Maker Faire, it is one event where art intersects with science and craft intersects with utility in the most interesting ways. This year’s event features more than 100 innovative makers and talented performers with a myriad of skills and passions, from puppetry, to 3D printing, to quilting, to machinery and music making. And you, yes you (and maybe the person behind you), can help us spread the word out to get more people to come for this fun event!
Here’s the skinny:
- Apply to be a Street Team volunteer (the coolest kind out there!)
- We’ll email you back with an email detailing when and where you can pick up the posters and post cards (location will most likely be around Main St. and 8th)
- You distribute about 100 posters and 500 post cards to cool shops in your chosen neighbourhood (don’t worry – they’ll go fast!)
- You get a high five and a free ticket to attend Maker Faire!
See, it’s that easy! We’d love to poster every store of every corner by the beginning of May so don’t delay, sign up now!
Shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any question.