Are you passionate about the maker movement and love to write? We are looking for volunteer bloggers to help make the 5th annual Vancouver Mini Maker Faire a success. Our goal for the blog is to highlight Vancouver’s growing maker community through interviews with and profiles of individual makers, community organizations and companies that encourage the do-it-yourself spirit in our city.
What we require:
- A curious nature and a desire to find out more about Vancouver’s maker community.
- A commitment to write two or more 500-word blog posts per month in the lead-up to the faire
- A comfort in conducting interviews, connecting with the public and researching topics.
- An interest in social media and an initiative to help promote your work through a variety of channels.
- An ability to write short, compelling posts that are fun to read.
- A great photographic eye is a bonus!
What you will receive:
- Full credit for your work in all social media posts and promotions.
- Writing samples to add to your portfolio.
- A free weekend pass to Vancouver Mini Maker Faire.
- Attendance at our annual volunteer appreciation party.
- A fabulous Vancouver Mini Maker Faire T-shirt.
- A reference letter upon completion and by request.